It seems like it was just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant. Now I am sitting here, 35 weeks along, wondering where the time has gone. Although we are all super excited to meet this little baby, I sure am going to miss feeling their little kicks, hiccups and rolls inside my belly. But, regardless of how I feel, this baby is not going to stay inside my belly forever, so I thought I would share with you guys what I have packed in my hospital bag.
To start, we are actually bringing three bags with us to the hospital; one for mommy, one for daddy and baby’s diaper bag. Most things have been packed, except for daddy’s bag. Most of those items are things we use on a daily basis, so I have a list of all the last minute items sitting on top of our bags so we do not forget anything in the rush to the hospital.
- Birth Plan
- Comfy Clothes (sweat pants, oversized shirt)
- House Slippers/ Flip-flops
- Baby Book (I love the one I got from Pearhead)
- Disposable Underwear (I’ve heard these are a MUST)
- Small Purse with ID, insurance card, any medications, ect.
- Pads (I have also heard these are a MUST if you do not want to use the giant ones the hospital gives you)
- Nursing Bra, Nipple Pads and Cream
- Fuzzy Socks (Because.. fuzzy socks.)
- Hair Ties, Bobby Pins, ect.
- Stuffed Animal (Because I find a nice, soft stuffed animal soothing, plus the baby gets it when they are born)
- Cell Phones and Charger
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, hair products, ect.)
- Pillow (Daddy deserves to be comfy too)
- Puzzle Books (Sudoku is my favorite!)
- Drinks and Snacks (Just because mommy can’t eat during labor, doesn’t mean daddy shouldn’t be able to eat.)
- Labor Music (extremely helpful for meditation)
- Notebook (to keep track of feedings)
- Change of Clothing
- Extra Bag (for all the stuff the hospital sends home with you)
- Receiving Blankets
- Socks, Mittens and Hat
- Three or Four Onesies
- A Few Diapers and Wipes (only because we prefer to use the brand we chose)
- First-Aid Kit (so that the nurses can show us how to use the items)
- Soothing Pacifiers (we chose these ones from Avent, made specifically for newborns)
- The Cutest Baby Sunglasses (because we live in Arizona, they are a MUST.)